Inspired by the Inventing On Principle video I just linked to comes an incredibly cool IDE by Chris Granger.
Light table is based on a few guiding principles:
- You should never have to look for documentation
- Files are not the best representation of code, just a convenient serialization.
- Editors can be anywhere and show you anything - not just text.
- Trying is encouraged - changes produce instantaneous results
- We can shine some light on related bits of code
Right now it's up to $135,000 of its $200,000 goal with 35 days to go. I backed it, and so should you!